VP of Product – Brand
Our client, a leading DTC company is looking for a VP of Product to work in Austin, TX.
- Drive product strategy, road mapping, and execution across the organization and across the entire DTC experience
- Develop exceptional cross-functional product management discipline and processes across the company including road mapping, communication, feedback loops, complicated tradeoff reconciliations and thorough PRD development.
- Create a vision for how each customer-facing process will evolve, and align the company around that vision
- Define key customer-facing processes across all touchpoints in the company
- Measure the success of each customer-facing process both in absolute terms and versus competitors and determine goals for improvement
- Create internal systems and processes that improve and optimize customer experience
- Partner with the Brand Marketing teams to create memorable, intuitive and efficient product experiences that drive growth and retention in our subscription model
- Develop an integrated product experience that marries the digital space and real-world products we provide to our member ecosystem.
- Develop member and data-driven feedback loops to scale-ably improve existing products and inform the long-term product strategy.
- Develop the integrated product roadmap cycle across the digital realms to create a memorable member experiences & foster a member-centric mentality across the Company.
- Monitor product performance against core business goals and develop roadmaps to tackle opportunities and problem areas across the entire business.
- Oversee P&L and assume fiscal responsibility for related 3rd party relationships & services.
- Recruit and develop a customer-oriented product management team with experience across multiple stages of the product life cycle.
- Build, scale & develop a high-performance team, powered by curiosity and an obsession with exploring problems. Lead with a player-coach mentality, empowering the team to solve problems creatively; motivating the team by setting and prioritizing tasks, KPIs and goals.
- Collect and analyze product usage data, feedback from stakeholders and end users, to shape requirements, and prioritize product features and issues
- Collaborate with senior leadership on strategic alignment
- Ensure products are released on time and frequently communicate to leadership team on progress and major milestones achieved
- Develop and execute user acceptance test plan for product releases
- Manage product releases with affected parts of the organization (i.e. guide end-user training, develop reports for tracking KPIs, helpdesk, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in product management/customer experience role at a DTC company
- Direct experience in a highly visible and cross functional role with high amounts of interaction with operational, sales and marketing organizations
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Demonstrated experience shipping quick experiments to validate assumptions before iterating them over time
- Demonstrated experience leading team-level or product-specific product, design and engineering teams in a fast-paced, complex retail company.
- An absolute obsession with breaking down complex systems into buckets and reassembling them to influence behaviors at scale.
- Understanding of Agile Development methodology and related release processes
- Comfortable with data and making data driven decisions to prioritize feature set and backlog
- Experience working with UI/UX designers and conducting consumer research
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, GitHub, VersionOne or equivalent
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mind-set, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change