Paid Social Associate Director- Agency
Our client, a leading digital marketing agency, is looking for a Paid Social Associate Director to work completely remote.
- As a Social Media Associate Director, you will be a key member of our department and agency leadership team, developing both talent and client-facing social media advertising strategies. You will focus on building simultaneous growth for your direct reports, your client book of business, and the agency.
- The Associate Director role is dynamic and requires candidates possess a sense of extreme ownership, boardroom presence, and thoughtful, collaborative internal strategic planning and problem solving to ensure, as a team and a company, we are thoughtful and moving towards our goals at all times. In this role, you will have a voice in all day-to-day operations and the strategic direction of our team.
- Managing a team of 2-4 account managers by guiding social media strategy, identifying account opportunities and obstacles, and developing their overall skill set through real-time performance management and coaching.
- Managing a small book of enterprise level clients to maintain a close, in-the-know experience level with the changing social media landscape
- Closely overseeing and facilitating the onboarding of new accounts in your direct reports’ books of business
- Interfacing with direct reports’ clients to collect feedback, articulate value, present strategy and strengthen the relationship
- Leading annual performance reviews and customized professional development plans for direct reports
- Maintaining the ability to train account managers on all social media fundamentals, including media planning, campaign building & optimizing, reporting, testing, platform nuances, and data processing & analysis
- Coaching direct reports on foundational skills, including clear communication, expectation setting, rapport building, active listening, and conflict de-escalation
- Continuously refining and updating our knowledge management infrastructure, including ongoing education materials, process, and materials for new hire onboarding
- Leading social-related discussions and partake in internal or public speaking opportunities
- Maintaining sufficient knowledge of core digital marketing channels, including paid search, SEO, content marketing, email marketing and programmatic
- Assisting sales team on audits, decks, and pitches for prospective social media clients
- Improving business processes & workflows to better enable collaboration & efficiency between account managers, clients, and business units such as accounting or marketing
- Report to Director or Senior Director of Social and other upper executives on key client service pillars: same-store growth, retention, new business and partnerships
- Identify critical client/account issues and triage and/or escalate them to appropriate executives in a timely manner
- Anticipating the needs of the Head of Social and other C-level leadership, and provide concise, actionable information on account opportunities, account obstacles, and direct reports
- Testing and learning new strategies, features, and platforms and share findings with the social media department
- 4-6 years of experience working in paid media advertising, comprising of media planning/buying in paid social within an agency/or in-house environment
- Both performance marketing and brand planning experience required
- Minimum of 1-2 years personnel management experience with direct input in career development, coaching and mentoring
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing, and reporting on paid campaigns on social platforms (Facebook/IG (Ads, Business Manager), TwitterAds/Analytics, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experienced with data analysis tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Working knowledge of Smartly and/or additional social automation tools
- Strong working experience Google suite, Excel, Google Slides, Asana, etc.
- Experience with creating paid social media customer acquisition campaigns for a diverse range of clients and verticals (Ecomm/retail and lead gen preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations quickly
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Business Management or related discipline