Paid Search Manager – Agency
About the Paid Search Manager Role
Our Client, a Digital Marketing Agency, is looking for a Paid Search Manager to serve as the day-to-day client contact for search advertising efforts. This position is responsible for the initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, and reporting of assigned accounts.
- Maintains positive working relationship with client while clearly communicating the value of overall search efforts
- Develops and executes search strategies to exceed client goals and KPIs
- Identifies and presents new opportunities and areas for growth to client to improve their search program
- Leads weekly/bi-weekly client calls to discuss account performance, interpretation of data, and action plans based on findings
- Reviews all reporting metrics comprehensively, analyzes and identifies performance drivers, and communicates account health through data storytelling
- Manages budgeting and budget forecasting on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Manages ongoing bid optimization, evolving account structure, and progressive targeting tactics
- Creates and executes ongoing testing plans for ad copy, landing pages, industry betas, etc.
- Oversees risk management through proper QA of all work as documented within various search SOPs
- Participates in agency trainings and channel roundtables by communicating POV, discussing industry news and updates, and identifying learning opportunities
- Serves as a mentor/coach to Search Coordinators
- 1.5+ years of client-facing experience within the search channel
- Hands on experience in campaign development, execution, and optimization across various search engines
- AdWords Fundamentals and AdWords Search certified, Bing Ads Accredited Professional
- Demonstrated analytical skills, experience using Google Analytics
- Experience with 3rd party management tools, preferably Search Ads 360 (previously DoubleClick Search), Kenshoo, or Marin
- Familiarity with industry tools that assist with competitive analysis, forecasting, testing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel used specifically for pivot tables, vlookups, and data trend analysis
- In depth knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including both written and verbal communication
- A self-starter with strong multi-tasking ability and close attention to detail