Director of Retention Marketing – Brand
Our client, a leading e-commerce company is looking for a Director, Retention Marketing in their Bay Area office.
- You will partner with each of the businesses’ general managers (GMs) to develop and execute strategies that achieve each category’s goals.
- You will own the creation and execution of CEO and Board-sponsored strategies to convert customers across categories, increasing company-wide LTV.
- This highly visible, highly cross-functional role will partner across categories and functions to drive results.
- Just for example, you will work with Analytics to uncover customer insights; Product Management to deliver the best and stickiest online customer experiences; and Brand to deliver personalized creative experiences that continue to elevate the brand.
- Own onsite lead generation, including developing strategies to drive “shallow conversions”, e.g., sampling, quizzes, etc.
- Own direct mail and catalog, spanning evergreen and seasonal programs, prospecting and retention programs
- Own email marketing, including batch, lifecycle programs, triggered, and transactional emails
- Own identification and launch of new channels, such as text/SMS or push notifications
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- A curious generalist. You are interested in and comfortable engaging across many businesses, including working directly with GMs of several very different businesses, plus analytics, product management, engineering, brand, and more.
- Strong track record of building, managing and mentoring high performance teams. You have a high bar for talent and will continuously raise the bar
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing and/or eCommerce experience