Digital Media Supervisor – Agency
About the Digital Media Supervisor role
Our Client, a Digital Marketing Agency, is seeking a Digital Media Supervisor to lead the account team that cultivates client relationships, drives thought leadership for their channel(s), and oversees the media planning process, execution, and performance of digital media.
The Digital Media Supervisor manages a channel team of 3-6 people and owns the talent development and performance management of their team.
Additionally, the Digital Media Supervisor contributes to agency thought leadership: speaking engagements, blog posts, case study development, POV distribution to industry trades, and circulates important information to the agency.
- Day-to-day point of contact representing your channel(s) authority and thought leadership
- Deep understanding of client’s business and stay informed on industry and competitor information
- Maximize client objectives and identify and/or resolve any issues
- Full ownership of managing scope, expectations, delivery, and results within your channel
- Develop and present client presentations (within your channel of expertise) that invite participation and effect desired outcomes
- Responsible for development of media strategy including ongoing innovation, up-selling, and cross-selling
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff and help all direct reports master the organization, communication and technical skills required for advancement
- Directly responsible for performance management, coaching, generating goals, and developing the talent of a team of subject matter experts and junior staff
- Delegate and check work, provide performance feedback, write and present performance reviews for your direct reports
- Lead by example while training your team on best practices, industry tools and processes
- Develop and maintain new hire training standard operating procedures
- Define roles and responsibilities for your team
- Develop relationships with media suppliers, supervise vendor/team communication, and oversee negotiation of media
- Communicate proactively by providing call agendas in advance, sharing client and agency goals, and seeking collaboration on media strategy
- Provide performance feedback to media suppliers, share any communicated feedback with the Channel Director
- Participate in speaking engagements, write case studies and blog posts, POV distribution to industry trades taking full ownership of all timelines and project completion
- Assign and oversee thought leadership contributions of junior staff
- Desire to innovate on behalf of the agency for the improvement of digital channels, continuous track record of implementing new ideas
- Proactively share knowledge across agency, distribute notable client work to agency
- Understand how to leverage agency resources as needed, act as the lead in cross-team projects
- Identify gaps in process or strategic vision, lead the charge on developing a solution then circulating and enacting change within the agency
- Identify and delegate process development to ensure proper QA of full campaign set up, ensure new processes are circulated to agency
- Ex: Creative/ad placements, properties & floodlight configurations, delivery checks, screen grabs, etc.
- Identify & develop new reporting standards for clients and efficiencies in reporting as needed, while ensuring all reporting metrics are reviewed comprehensively, interpreted as often as needed and demonstrate performance improvement
- Continuous oversight even when collaborating or delegating, ability to think critically about the goal behind data storytelling and intended impact
- Identify & develop new billing processes as needed and ensure accuracy and reconciliation of assigned media budgets
- Identify & develop new workflow processes as needed to ensure maximum team efficiency, familiarize yourself with all team processes
Measure of Accountability
- You contribute to client investment growth by delivering compelling campaign strategy and media plans that evolve based on complex data analysis
- Your channel profit margin is within the acceptable range as defined by your Senior or Group Director
- Your team is challenged by the new opportunities and assignments you have in place for career growth
- You manage up by keeping your Senior Director or Group Director informed of the most important campaign and team details.
- You’re able to filter team updates by critical/non-critical and flag critical items when needed, while taking ownership of non-critical items.
- You maintain open communication with Channel Directors and consistently contribute to our agency progression and thought leadership in your channel
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience
- 2+ years of people management experience or more people or equivalent professional training
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in at least one or two paid digital media channels (paid search, display, programmatic, paid social, etc.)
- Technical background on pixels and pixel implementation, cookies, all attribution models, Google Analytics, and common industry pitfalls that can translate into higher-level strategic conversations
- Highly experienced in media best practices in your channel(s)
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking – you’re strong on both IQ and EQ, as adept at reading data as you are at reading clients
- Experienced in communicating complex strategic recommendations and plans effectively
- Strong and highly proactive communications skills
- Proven project management and performance management skills – you’re known for your ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring varied groups together to collaborate effectively