CFO – Brand
Our client, a leading technology firm is looking for a CFO in their Austin office.
- Collaborate with the Executive team and Board of Directors to provide financial expertise to ensure vision is achieved
- Ensure credibility of the Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives, business line directors and other key staff to identify their needs to seek full range of business solutions and provide recommendations for strategically enhancing financial performance.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Maintain proper capital flows to fund the business’s key strategic initiative
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Assist with preparation for the annual audits, tax returns, financial reports, special analyses, and informational reports while evaluating any potential issues or weaknesses.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems as well as finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Other duties include establishing and maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards, analyzing financial statements for areas of weakness as well as analyzing cash flow and expense to guide business leaders.
- Participate in monthly earnings calls
- Responsible for maintaining relations with investors and other stakeholders, including financial institutions.
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of all SEC reporting
- Direct reports to CFO include VP Finance, AP, AR, Internal Controls, Investor Relations, FP&A
- Excellent collaboration and teambuilding skills
- Ability to create ad-hoc financial analyses on-demand from executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Adjusts easily to change, learns quickly, and understands how internal and external factors impact decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent level of education and experience.
- 10-15 years of experience working in a finance leadership role, and/or investment banking
- Experience in leading company exits, either through a CFO role or VP role